Genital Warts (Venereal Warts)
An infection of the human papilloma virus (HPV). Those with immune
deficiencies and pregnant women are more susceptible to the virus.
It could lead to cervical cancer.
Methods of contraction
Physical contact between the genital areas. Skin to skin contact. Even if you wear a condom you can transmit the virus through the skin above your genitals.
- An abnormal Pap smear is the most common
symptom among women.
- Warty growths on the genitals, anus, groin
and in the urethra
- Warts are removed using medication, freezing
with liquid nitrogen, lasers, or an electrical current. Local
anesthesia might be used.
- Aldara is an immune system modulator that
may also be used.
- Women with genital warts should get a yearly
Pap smear to rule out cervical cancer.